If you've not seen or heard of Joanna's Forum then please take a look, it's a really fun, friendly, supportive place to be, well moderated and we discuss a whole variety of subjects, including craft sometimes!
Anyway back to my blog post. Jayne the lady who originally made the star, very kindly provided a helpful tutorial (Thank you Jayne) which I followed easily. and here is my finished, finnish, star! Try saying that after a glass of wine or two!! lol
The card stock was some of my stash, (I think it may have been Kanban). Jayne made her star using 12" strips of card, but as I didn't have any double sided 12" x 12" and I couldn't wait, I downsized by 50% and used 6" strips instead. The middle embellishment was made from an old gift bag (recycled) and a flower template which I cut in 3 sizes and layered and then small 'snowflakes' cur with a punch, were added to each point. Simple but effective!
Thanks for visiting today. Please leave me a comment, I really do appreciate the time it takes and read everyone.
Jane x
Wowzers! This is just fabulous Jane - I can't believe my tutorial worked! This is stunning and I'm soooo glad you gave it a go! Just love that sparkly snowflake centrepiece - perfect! Thank you for leaving me a link to your project :) Hugs, Jayne xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Jayne x Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave me a acomment.
DeleteJane x
Oh! WOW! Love, love, love this it is just so fantastic.
ReplyDeleteMake a few, pop each in a box, what a fabulous gift for friends at Christmas.
I am going off on holiday in a couple of days, but by great when I get back I am going to have a go at this.
Thank you for sharing and thank you Jayne for the great and easy to follow tutorial.
Patricia
Patricia please accept my apologies for not replying to your post until now. I thought I'd already replied but quite clearly I was wrong - maybe I wrote it out and then forgot to press the right buton!
DeleteAnyways thank you for leaving me your comment. I'm glad that you're going to have a go, I'd love to see what you do!
x
Great idea thanks to you and Jayne for sharing.
ReplyDeleteEunice
Thank you for visiting Eunice hope to see you again soon x
Delete