Pages

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Trying something new

On the Joanna Sheen Blog the newest challenge is 'to try something new'.

Now I don't know if you're like me, but I see things demo'd which look great, so I make my purchase and then either forget what to do with the products or I'm too 'chicken' to try them out. Fear of failure I guess. So I knew exactly what I was going to try for my challenge card - gilding flakes. I love to see them used and think that the images always look classy, lol, well that is until I tried. My stamp from Joanna's Silhouette Range - (Ballerina JS326) stuck to the card, first of all and I mean stuck fast, I had to soak it in warm water to get it off! Then I put too much glue on the stamp and the detail was lost and so on and so on .... rapidly ending with 4 tries in the bin. However I was determined to produce at least 1 card which looked less 'dogs dinner', so I persevered. It's not flawless by any means but I had a go.


Now all I have to do is figure out how to enter it in the challenge!

Thanks for visiting today, I'd love it if you could leave me a comment to say Hi

Jane x

4 comments:

  1. The end result worked brilliantly though

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful Jane, I love the embossing, the colours and your darling image!! ... lovely to have you take part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate every comment left on my blog and will reply to them all. It means alot to know that you've taken the time to visit and let me know you've been. Thanks x