Pages

Friday, 3 August 2012

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!

The August challenge on the Joanna Sheen Forum is to think holidays. I mulled it over for a few days, first thought of making a card with a caravan or tent on, as we've had some wonderful family holidays that way when my children were small. Then I thought of making a scrapbook page using some old holiday photos, but then had a flash of inspiration this afternoon while looking through the window of all places!
On the windowsill, was the bottom half of a box which used to hold a writing set, which I'd saved 'just in case it might be handy one day'. After a bit of gluing and paper cutting and card scoring and inking it was transformed into ..........















One day when I win the lottery I might get to use that label!

Thanks for visiting today, please leave a message to let me know you've been.

Jane x

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love the altered box - ideal size for Barbados too - a book and a bikini what more could a girl want? Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire x I'd like to think I could get one of my swimsuits in a case that size, but alas no!!

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant idea and one I might have to borrow as have been sorting through my boys stuff in the loft and this would be a great way to give them some treasured memories. Have now become a follower after seeing your link on the Polka doodles FB page.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lou x If you're like me, you must have lots of 'that might come in handy one day' stuff. I'd love to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever idea Jane - i love that you think 'off the page' beautiful piece of work hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen I'm just waiting for inspiration for the rest of the 'it might come in handy one day' stuff now!
      x

      Delete

I really appreciate every comment left on my blog and will reply to them all. It means alot to know that you've taken the time to visit and let me know you've been. Thanks x