Pages

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Girly Pink

My brief for this order, was to make a birth congratulations card but it had to be girly and pink, in fact the more girly and pink the better. So I immediately thought of a little pink, lacy dress. I drew the dress template, traced the shape onto parchment, using a white pencil and used a pricking stencil, to get the pattern. I made a separate panel for the centre and 'cross' cut some of it, so that the pearlised paper underneath showed through a little, like real lace would. I'm not a 'parcher' but really admire the work that goes into parchment craft. I just just don't have the patience to do it!



I'm happy to say that my customer was very pleased and I was quite chuffed too!

Thanks for visiting today

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate every comment left on my blog and will reply to them all. It means alot to know that you've taken the time to visit and let me know you've been. Thanks x